Learn more about us! Take a virtual tour!
We utilize the HighScope Curriculum – an active approach to learning.
Our curriculum includes:
- Christian knowledge
- Language, literacy and communication – All children will be immersed in a literature rich environment to develop an appreciation for literature and further their awareness of the connection between spoken and written language.
- Oral language
- Literature and reading – Phonological awareness literacy screening for rising Kindergarteners
- Writing – Four-year olds are beginning to make the connection between print and thought. They engage in numerous pre-writing efforts.
- Mathematics – Children need to experience mathematics with problem solving. Problem solving is not limited to mathematics, but integrated into all areas of the curricula.
- Number and number sense
- Patterns and relationships
- Creative development and visual arts – Teachers give children daily opportunities for creative expressions and aesthetic appreciation. Children explore various art materials to use in creative expression and representation.
- Science – The content of the science curriculum is often based on the children’s spontaneous discoveries and interests. Teachers facilitate and guide learning experiences, providing vocabulary and concrete, hands-on opportunities for investigation.
- Life processes – Children investigate the basic needs and process of plants.
- Science and Technologies
- Social Studies
- Health – Personal safety is always emphasized.
- Social and Emotional Development
- Physical education
- Play independently and in small and large groups
- Sit, listen, and participate in groups
- Complete projects designed to teach them skills and concepts appropriate for their age
- Listen to stories
- Read books
- Learn Bible stories, prayers, and songs during weekly chapel
- Participate in music and physical movement activities with specially trained instructors
- Use the Handwriting Without Tears curriculum
- Enjoy nature at our Outdoor Classroom
- Be assessed using phonological awareness literacy assessment (4-year-olds only)